My 18th Birthday

Turning 18 is a big milestone for many people.
In fact, in many cultures and countries, it means being officially an adult with new rights, accompanied with new responsibilities. It may have the meaning of finally getting IC and driving license. Legal drinking age. Lottery. Or rights to vote for elections.

Actually, why do we even bother to celebrate birthdays?
Well, it's literally one way to provide an opportunity 
for family and close friends to come together
as to congratulate you for surviving another year in life, but
when I think further about it, rather than brushing it off just like another day, 
I found a reason to celebrate the day. On my birthday, I count my blessings:
what I have today that needed to be cherished before I lose it,
and what I had yesterday.

This year, my dearest friends, again, went to great lengths to surprise me on my birthday.


I never organized a birthday party before. I mean, yes, we do celebrate my birthdays, but it's usually just dinner with not more than 10 people, only close friends and family.
So this year, with me wanting to make my 18 memorable, I decided to celebrate it bigger than the past years. I invited about 50 people to my birthday dinner on:

March 18, 2016
@Premiere Hotel

My birthday was actually on March 8, but I believe I was busy that week...
so I picked the date 2 weeks late.

The table setting looked like this!

The beloved family

The dearest friends who played part in my life






And all those who came


Before I finally come to a closing to my blog post, I just wanna say thank you to each and every one of you who has come and done a part in my birthday!
Stella and Irene were the MC of the games held, and
Rita and Wiranto were the ones who took all the pictures above.
For full photo gallery of the night, go to this link:



I genuinely appreciate all the kinds words and beautiful birthday wishes.
I feel truly blessed. This year has been good and I hope it stays good throughout.

Cheers,
Pris

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leofoo Village Theme Park

Seleksi Tahap 1-3 AFS/YES YEAR PROGRAM 2015/2016

Officially a college student