Jakarta 6-10 November 2014

Hello again!!

This was supposed to be posted shortly after the previous post, but unfortunately, school life got SO busy soon after I got home. So, no time for blogging! Exams are over now, but I still have to go to school for Chemistry Club. We study from 8 a.m. to 3 p.m. straight. Crazy, huh? Actually, the main reason for this is to prepare us for the upcoming competition which would be held in January. If things go as planned, we are going to go to Padang. I've never been to Padang before, so I guess it's gonna be another new experience! :D

6 Nov:
We arrived at Jakarta at around 3 p.m. We called for a taxi and checked in to Zuri Express. The hotel was nice, it's simple but clean. The food at the cafe is really nice too, considering it's an "express" hotel. That night, we went to the nearest shopping centre which is Mangga Dua Square. Apparently there was nothing there, so we didn't do any shopping. Then, the time striked 8 and we felt like feeding our tummies. We chose Bakmi GM which stands for Bakmi Gadjah Mada, because my mum said it has been very famous for its deliciousness since she was a teenager. Two bakmi were ordered, one for my bro and one for my mum n me (we shared). We wanted to only eat a little, because we were planning to order McDonald's online once we got back to the hotel. Online, not via the phone. Sua song hahhaa

Tada! I was so so so full. 
Finallyyy, I took a bath. Unfortunately, there was no hair dryer in the hotel, so I went to sleep with wet hair.

7 Nov:
The breakfast was okay. After that, we went to Plaza Indonesia. Almost everything is branded.
We went for Nanny's Pavillon for lunch.




👆Cecile's Hot Tuna Spaghetti
👆Uncle Harold's Spaghetti
👆Salmon Baked Rice

After lunch, we did some shopping then headed to Central Park. Here, the shops are affordable and more suitable for teenagers like us. There are Stradivarius, Cotton On, Zara, Bershka, Mango, etc. 
At the ground level I suppose, is where most of the food and snacks are. The ground level feels like heaven :D We did quite a lot of snacking. 

I finally tried The Twelve Cupcakes. Honestly, I've never tried it hahaha. My mum and bro don't want to try, so instead of buying a box, I just bought 1 cupcake: Red Velvet. It's good ummm


Fish n Co.!!! 
👆The Best Fish n Chips in Town


Dairy Queen Ice Cream!!
👆

We tried Magnum Cafe!! These are the pictures. Ow! I'm sorry I forgot to jot down the names of the food!! :((
👆Two mini magnums, where you can choose the toppings on your own. Frankly sepaking, not trying to discredit Magnum Cafe, but the taste of the food is not as beautiful as it look. Oops.

👆 Waffle -something. Not bad.
👆 On the left corner is a macaroon, while on the right side is Belgium chocolate fondue. This is better.




We also went to Pancious. 
The pancake was good! I really like the Green Tea Pancake. Can you see the crunchy thing there? I don't know what it's called, but I love it :))
Pancake taken from another angle plus FLASH. hahaha


8 Nov:
A day well spent for Indonesian Youth Conference (see previous post)

9 Nov:
Another day well spent shopping and watching movies. My mum and I watched two movies straight, which were Interstellar and Big Hero 6, at Megablitz Cinema to try the Satin Class and Velvet Class. Two of the movies were great! P.S.: If you don't know what Satin or Velvet is, you can look it up on Google. You should try it sometime :D

10 Nov:
We just basically eat our breakfast in the hotel Café, checked out, and went to the airport. My mum and I headed back to Pekanbaru, while my bro headed back to Malaysia.

Until next time! :D

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Leofoo Village Theme Park

Seleksi Tahap 1-3 AFS/YES YEAR PROGRAM 2015/2016

Officially a college student